Thirsty – Lent Day 4

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? Psalm 42:2


Thirsty. I am so thirsty. I need something to drink…something to satisfy this dying thirst.

What can satisfy my thirst? Water! Perhaps Coke or even tea? Maybe, but when one is thirsty,…really thirsty, nothing beats a cup of cold water.

Have you experienced a genuine thirst for God? Do you desire God? Do you need Him just as a desert dweller needs water? Why are you waiting? God is watching and ready, we need only approach Him, and bring our thirst to Him. He alone can satisfy.

“Water, water, every where, Nor any drop to drink.” The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

Don’t settle your thirst for that which will not satisfy. Only God can quench your thirst for Him. Lent is a time of contemplation. As you dwell on God’s love for you through Jesus’ act of forgiveness, don’t let thirst drive you away from God’s love. Come to Him. Allow Him to satisfy your thirst.

My soul is thirsty for God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One In Charge

Walking On Water