Wait – Lent Day 8

 The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul that seeks him. Lamentations 3:25 (NRSV)                                                                                                                                                 

Waiting is not one of our strong points. We wait for Lent. We wait for the internet. We wait for the traffic signal or perhaps the car in front to move! And…we continue…to wait.

How long must I wait, O God? Is there a purpose in this season of waiting?

Lent is our time of reflection…of preparation. We look toward the death of Jesus. We prepare to understand and accept His death for our sins. And…we wait. It takes time to prepare, so…we wait.

God is good to the one who waits for Him and seeks Him. 

 Here…is…Lent!

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

John Waller "While I'm Waiting"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One In Charge

Walking On Water

Thirsty – Lent Day 4